This website is owned and run by Kiroco. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website. This statement describes the information that we may ask you for and the ways in which we may use that information. It also tells you how you can check that the information about you which we keep is accurate, and how you can instruct us to erase this information from our files. We follow the set GDPR principles when dealing with personal subject data.
We are committed to respecting your privacy rights and maintaining the security of your data is a priority. We will handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
• how we use your data;
• how and what personal data we collect;
• how we protect your data and apply our Policy;
• your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
We may use personal detail to contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail for the following:
• to provide goods and services to you;
• to manage any account that you hold with us and to verify your identity;
• to contact you about new products and services, offers and promotions, and competitions and the winners;
• to manage customer service interactions with you;
• for market research purposes;
• for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
• where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How and what personal data that we collect
We collect your data from a number of sources including viewing our website, purchases made from our website, newsletter subscription, competitions, feedback and customer service enquiry forms.
We may collect and store the following information about you:-
• Your name;
• Your contact details including postal address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers (including mobile number)
• Your orders /purchases;
• Your nationality;
• Your username, password and other registration details;
• Your IP address;
• Your correspondence and communication with us – whether using emails, contact forms, feedback or survey responses.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, like when you set up an online account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How we protect your data and apply our Policy
We are committed to keep your personal data safe and secure.
In our communications with you, by phone, email or post we will respect your privacy. In certain cases, to help improve our service or to ensure that we follow instructions correctly, we may record telephone calls.
We will only hold your personal information for the duration required to effectively provide you with our services and comply with legislation. We will also comply with any of your instructions in terms of updating, or requesting to view, the information we hold on you (See below on Access to your data).
We will only share, rent or sell your information with carefully selected and trustworthy third parties where we have your consent.
What you can do to protect your data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a public computer, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:-
• keep your account password private
• when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use personal data that can be easily obtained
• avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Your legal rights
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete (where we are permitted to do so, in line with legal data retention requirements), the personal information that we hold. Please contact us at the address below with your request.
This Policy was written in April 2019 and we will look to review regularly to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.
If you have any questions about how Kiroco uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please write to:-
Data Protection Officer
1 Wharfe Mews
If you are unhappy with the way in which we handle your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.